We rely on help and support given by people in Scotland
RST is a small organisation and can only exist with the continued support and expertise given by individuals, community groups and foundations. Thanks to you we are able to help hundreds of vulnerable and destitute people each year.
How can I help?
- Join us – by becoming a member, you will receive regular updates about our work and can help to support and act as the voice of the Refugee Survival Trust in your community, as well as voting at our AGM. Complete our membership form now.
- Donate – 100% of donations from individuals go directly to destitute asylum seekers and refugees in the form of grants. Regular donations are really important as they provide a solid basis and assure sustainability for our charitable work. Donate online now or download our donation form (don’t forget to complete the Gift Aid form)
- Fundraise – do you have an idea for an event or are you planning a challenge? We’d love to hear from you.
- Organise a talk or event – you can help us to raise awareness or funds by organising an event at your school, church or community group.
- Become a trustee – our Board Members attend six board meetings a year and provide RST with strategic vision as well as supporting ongoing activities (commitment of around 10 hours per month).We welcome applications from all parts of the community. Find out more and download the application forms here.
- Shop online and raise free funds for our charity – if you are buying online at thousands of stores, you can support RST at no extra cost to yourself. Go to Give as you Live, pick RST as your charity and they will make a donation to us for every item you buy through the site.
- Volunteering – we depend on an incredible team of committed volunteers, who track and check our database, represent us at community events, do talks in schools, help with destitution grant applications, befriend refugees and organise fundraising events. We are not currently recruiting for any volunteering roles, but keep an eye on this page where we will advertise any upcoming opportunities.