We are looking for volunteers to join our events team in Glasgow, helping to plan and run event and activities to fundraise for and raise awareness of RST. In the past we’ve had concerts, poetry events, sponsored swims, a t-shirt design competition and much more – can you bring some great ideas and enthusiasm to the RST volunteer team?
About the role
Fundraising volunteers are crucial to the continued work of RST. A small team shares the tasks of raising funds and promoting the work of the organisation by organising and representing RST at concerts, talks, and other events.
- Thinking of creative, engaging fundraising activities and making them a reality
- Working as part of a team to plan and organise community events to raise awareness of RST’s work and fundraise for our grants
- Diverse events management tasks – everything from promotion and publicity to budgeting, seeking out acts or even performing yourself if you’ve got a talent to share!
Skills and experience needed
- Creative thinker
- Good communication skills
Benefits to the volunteer
- Access to RST induction and volunteer training programme
- Learn valuable skills like events organising & promotion and public speaking
- Meet new people and improve your confidence
- Make a difference – contribute to RST’s crucial work with refugees and asylum seekers
This role is very flexible. Volunteers can take a very active role in organising their own events or can be added to a list to be notified of events coming up and assistance required.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this volunteering opportunity please get in touch with Katherine: email@example.com .